Tomorrow’s status update today – planning your PMO’s route to insightful analytics
Pip Peel, CEO and Douglas Elliott, COO, P2 Consulting | 14.35 – 15.20
Analytics and AI are hot topics in the world of Project Management and PMOs – and the value they potentially offer is huge. But for most organisations having the standardised data, tools and capability to use some of these tools is at best a 2 year journey and at worst an unachievable pipedream. But it doesn’t have to be.
P2 Consulting works with a range of organisations to map out their analytics journey to help them understand both how to improve their data maturity and what analytics can be applied at each maturity level. Critically they work hard to create a maturity journey that ensures continual small improvements in data quality unlocks increasingly higher value insights and analytics capability – create a virtuous circle of data improvements and insights.
In this session P2 Consulting will walk you through the stages of that data maturity journey and show you how they build and drive that journey to help your organisation achieve tomorrow’s statuses today.
- An understanding of the different forms of insightful analytics available to the PMO, Programme or Portfolio manager
- How to understand which analytics approaches are right for your organisation and when to use them
- How to map out and deliver the analytics journey that ensures small improvements in data deliver big improvements in data analytics value.
More on Pip…
What are the three things you’re most looking forward to about The PMO Conference?
I look forward to this event every year as it provides the best opportunity to share knowledge, skills and behaviours with my fellow professionals. This year’s event promises to be one of the best to date (and no, that’s not because I’m on the programme!), there are some exciting speakers all coming together to discuss and debate the key trends and insights driving the PMO today. Here are the three things I’m looking forward to most about next week’s event:
- Presenting with Doug on planning your PMO’s route to insightful analytics – we hope delegates will find this a captivating topic what with the trend of AI/Machine Learning coming into the PMO toolkit
- The PMO exhibition is a great platform to discover the latest solutions driving change and there’s always an air of excitement around the hall. If you do get the chance come along and visit the P2 guys on stand number five to hear about the exciting solutions we’re driving…and maybe get a free pen or something similar!
- The conference lands the same day as our company Summer Social – a boat cruise on the Thames. So I’m looking forward to having a couple of drinks, celebrating a great conference while cruising down the river!
- As a self-confessed PMO junky I’m really looking forward to being in a room full of like-minded individuals
- We’re in the business of change and yet the way we deliver change has arguably never been changing faster itself. It’s like changing the wheels on a car whilst during 70mph on the motorway. Means there’s a lot to talk about!
- Always enjoy time out of a busy working life to think about some of the bigger issues facing our profession.