The Business Challenge:
- Following the acquisition of a market leading payments provider by a consortium of private equity firms, there was a pressing need to separate the business from the seller’s systems, processes and premises, creating a completely new business and IT infrastructure.
- With multi-£bn of merchant payments being processed on a daily basis it was imperative that the programme was managed effectively so as not to disrupt the seamless 24x7x365 service to merchants.
How We Helped:
- P2 Consulting was asked to provide an uplift in programme management capability after the programme had failed to deliver to plan. There was a pressing need to stabilise the programme, injecting pace and increased coordination and control
- Our team revised the delivery approach and constructed a new Programme Plan to bring the programme back on track and provide assurance to the consortium of Private Equity firms that the revised timescales were achievable.
- Following a restructuring of the programme and agreement to a new delivery approach the programme was stabilised, with programme resources successfully re-aligned to an achievable delivery plan
- The success of this engagement has resulted in our team establishing a strategic relationship with the PE consortium to support future acquisitions.
For more information, please contact us